The following questions are taken from the book, “The Tripping point in Leadership” by David Byrd.
“These questions below require some deep self-analysis and soul-searching, but they will help you understand the habits of your thinking.
- Am I generally positive or negative?
- Do I expect to succeed or fail?
- Do I seek to support or criticize?
- Do I seek to praise or find fault?
- Do I focus on my strengths or seek to hide my weaknesses?
- Do I seek to learn from my mistakes or be defensive about my perfection?
- Do I expect the best or the worst?
- Do I seek to build others up or tear them down?
- Do I most often fear failure or desire achievement?
- Do I seek to encourage or discourage?
- Do I spend my energy focusing on people’s strengths or weaknesses?
You attract the circumstances that fulfill your expectations.”